Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Coastal

After leaving Laura, I safely made my way from Noli, Italy to Nice, France. When I left Noli that morning I had no idea where I would be sleeping that night, so right when I got off the train in Nice I headed straight to the info desk. I asked where the closest hostel was and I thanked them and headed towards the door, before I stepped out of the building I heard someone say "what part of Canada are you from?" in reference to my canadian flag patch on my pack. I turned around and was pleased to see another Canadian backpacker, who happened to be fumbling with a rugby ball (common interest!) I explained my situation to him and he told me that I should follow him to the hostel he was staying at, just to be sure I wouldn't end up sleeping in a train station. So Alex (from white rock BC) and I made our way to the youth hostel. Unfortunatley on our way to the hostel alex got mugged on the tram, which put an immediate damper on our first impression of Nice. When we arrived I helped figure out Alex's new money problems, which thankfully were not too difficult to handle. I was also lucky in that there was one spot left at the hostel! I dropped my gear off in my room and then headed to the common area to see what was going on. I ended up meeting 3 girls from Norway, 3 guys from England and a guy from Denver, but who plays lacrosse professionally in Canada! The next morning I found out that the hostel was full and there was already a waiting list for rooms, I took that as a sign, and I packed up my stuff and headed back to the train station...again without a destination or place to sleep!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:France

No comments:

Post a Comment